Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday Alchemy Challenge #17: Sand, Surf & Sea

It's World Ocean Day on June 8th! At Tuesday Alchemy this week, we decided to celebrate all week long by challenging ourselves and you to create ANY craft that is inspired by the sand, surf & sea. Want to join this celebration or just learn more about World Ocean Day? Fantastic! Click here.


My favorite color combination (at least for the moment) is red with light blue, so I used just that on this creation. The white card is covered in rows of small crabs. The center is swirl-embossed cardstock with layers of burlap on top. I painted, glittered & sealed a chipboard flourish before embellishing it with red satin ribbon. The final detail: an oval mirror with "Love" printed on it.


This card was submitted to wonderful challenge blogs - See below for links & details, so you can create your own & join in the fun!

6 comments:

Eileen Ng-Frumkin said...

Your card reminds me of crabbing. I used almost the same color palette for a recent card I made with lobsters. I'll upload it to the challenge soon.

Laine Kammeraad said...

I love your card Corrinne. Did you stamp all those little crabs?? I love how you added the burlap (something I have been wanting to use lately too). You did a really great job on this card.

Hugs,

Laine

Loves Happy Hour said...

Great job as always Corrinne! I love the colors that you went with! The crabs are so cute!!

Loves Happy Hour said...

Great job as always Corrinne! I love the colors that you went with! The crabs are so cute!!

Rene said...

Too cute! Love that crab paper! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck,
Rene :D

Tina said...

loving the crab papers, very cute...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt