Monday, July 9, 2012

Inspired By Cheap Kicks


I love fashion, although, I'm not the most fashionable. I have an eclectic taste, so my fashion choices have always been met with "That totally works for you, Corrinne." Yeah, I know what that means . . . It's funky & they would never choose it, but I somehow manage to pull it off.

I've fallen off the wagon of dressing up. I work in a studio by myself, so it doesn't matter if I show up in a mismatched outfit or wear my clogs - You know, the ones with holes in 'em. Well, I realized I needed to make a change when I cam across Lorna & her blog, Cheap Kicks.




Lorna inspires me with her quirky, eclectic fashion sense. She mixes styles for a unique look & it's always fun, fun, fun!

I've been following her blog for a while now & I just couldn't resist sharing her with you. She posts about her everyday fashion with plenty of photos, too.

I asked & she kindly answered, sharing more about herself with you & I.






{ About }

I was never into fashion when I was younger. I think the . . . shall we call it obsession? started when I went to my first music festival. I'd say I dressed quite boyish back then, jeans and a band tee type thing. Pretty boring!!!


But I think seeing people from all walks of life dressed in so many different ways made me realize fashion is fun and to embrace it. I'm not the most creative person in other aspects of my life. I work in accounts for a start but I love how creative dressing can be and I find it's a great way to express myself.








{ Interests }

Music festivals and gigs are a big part of my life, a summer wouldn't be right without at least one festival. I find they're such happy places where everyone is free to be whoever they want as well as dress how you want. I also love the social side, what's better then spending a weekend with your best friends, listening to some great music, made even better if the weathers nice. Other then that I love any sort of social event, I've been loving the Olympic torch relay at the moment, not only is it a great excuse to have a gathering with friends I also love that the whole community gets involved and once again they're such happy places.














I thought I'd just do a list of things I like.....

Colours, bargains, quirkyness, vintage tea cups and vintage suitcases, feel good films, especially musicals, music in the sun...with cider, strawberrys with ice cream, anything with ice cream, colourful eye make-up, nail art, surprises, buying surprises for others, making people smile, organising......I'm such a neat freak, paper bags, bon bons, silly dancing, bouncy castles, fruity candles and of course friends and family

- Lorna














If you'd like to see more, you are always welcomed at Lorna's blog, Cheap Kicks.

Thank you, Lorna, for being a part of my blog, inspiring me to get out of my jeans & I'll be stopping by your blog soon :)

No comments: